Lymphatic Drainage Massage
Lymphatic Drainage is an advanced form of massage that aims to stimulate the lymphatic system to remove congestion and stagnation from within the body, and to help it return to a healthy condition. Lymphatic Drainage Massage is also a trained technique which helps improve fluid drainage from areas retaining fluid after surgery, inflammation, or infection. For individuals who have busy schedules and are interested in getting back to work and life, this is an ideal adjunct to your postoperative care to maximize your recovery. Lymphatic Drainage Massage is performed by a licensed massage therapist and practitioner nurse.
Facts About The Lymphatic System:
• The lymphatic system plays a key role in the immune system, fluid balance, and absorption of fats and fat-soluble nutrients.
• As lymph vessels drain fluid from body tissues, this enables foreign material to be delivered to the lymph nodes for assessment by immune system cells.
• The lymph nodes swell in response to infection, due to a build-up of lymph fluid, bacteria, or other organisms and immune system cells.
• Lymph nodes can also become infected, in a condition known as lymphadenitis.
• If lymph nodes remain swollen, if they are hard and rubbery, and if there are other symptoms, you should see a doctor.
Benefits of Lymphatic Drainage Massage:
• Excellent for reducing fluid retention, pain, numbness.
• Good for after any surgery - Plastic surgery; liposuction, tummy tuck, facelift, etc... along with additional modalities.
• Rejuvenates your skin.
• Reduces toxins that can cause cancer, constipation, edema, weight gain, aging.
• Improves the process of eliminating toxins via the skin's pores.
• Help retrain the lymph system to work better for more long-term health benefits.
• Help the body remove proteins and waste products after injury, from the affected area.
• Help reduce pressure on cells and allows them to reproduce faster to heal the body.
*Disclaimer Individual client results may vary based on a client’s medical history and other factors and these results should not be expected or anticipated. Information on this site is not intended to replace the advice of your physician or healthcare provider. Statements made about products, therapies or services have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration.